In this step by step PowerPivot Tutorial I will show you how to using PowerPivot hide columns and unhide them. For the purpose of this tutorial I will use PowerPivot in Excel 2013.
Other Versions of Excel:
- PowePivot Excel 2013 (v3)
- This blog post has been written using PowerPivot in Excel 2013
- PowerPivot Excel 2010 (v2) - SQL Server 2012
- The step we will use should be similar in Excel 2010 with PowerPivot SQL Server 2012 (v2)
- PowerPivot Excel 2010 (v1) - SQL Server 2008 R2
- The step we will use should be similar in Excel 2010 with PowerPivot SQL Server 2008 R2 (v1)
Who is it for?
- People who would like to improve user experience with PowerPivot model and hide some columns
See below PivotTable taht uses PowerPivot model and notice that we have quite a few IDs (Primary Keys and Foreign Keys). In our case those IDs are meaningless and users should not use them therefore in we will hide the columns from users.
PowerPivot hide column
Learn as much as you like
Unlimited learning access pass*
* Secure one off payment, no re-occuring payments, no surprises T-SQL SSIS SSRS 79 Mini Courses 529 Pages 287 Videos 314 Articles
Forum Live Webinars 12 Webinar Recordings DIY Projects Progress TrackingNew member joins every 8 hours
60 days, 100% money back guarantee
NO risks, NO questions asked, NO hard feelings
I can't speak highly enough of the quality MSBI materials industry practitioners with varying level of experience and exposure can benefit from this website. Their structured learning plan and courses, DIY projects, webinars and relevant resources go a very long way.
I've gained a whole new perspective on delivering client BI projects to highest standards by employing best practices recommended on this website.
Best quality MSBI training online suite I have used and least expensive too.
Best and affordable BI Training platform in the web.
KEBI Academy doesn't provide training on BI rather their approach is to make you learn BI by yourself.
Self Learning is always the best approach and I recommend KEBI Academy.
You both are doing a great job by sharing your knowledge and experience,
it helps many people who want to learn MSBI from the starting point and also for an experienced person to get to know more about MSBI.
Thank you and keep sharing your MSBI knowledge and experience.
Great work on the videos. I have been enjoying them.