This blog post has been created to cover basic SQL interview questions and answers and we will use questions related to SQL Server however most of them might be applicable to other database products.
For more information visit SQL Server Interview questions (collection of Q&A) or SQL Interview questions.
Tutorial: If you would like to learn more about SQL visit our SQL Tutorial
Certification: To get a quantification you can visit our exam guide for 98-364 Database Fundamentals and Exam guide for 70-461 Querying with SQL Server 2012 (this one requires more SQL skills and knowledge)
Questions with * are related to SQL Server or when I am not sure if the same behavior is in different products.
First part is theory SQL questions.
- What does SQL Stands for?
- Name all SQL Clauses in correct order and briefly describe them.
- What is the difference between WHERE and HAVING?
- How would you join multiple tables together in a query?
- Name all joins types you know and describe them.
- What is a subquery and a derived table?
- What is an aggregate function?
- Describe all types of aggregate functions you know.
- What is the difference between deterministic and non-deterministic functions?
- Describe Logical Query Processing.
1. What does SQL Stands for?
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language. For more info visit What is SQL?
2. Name all SQL Clauses in correct order and briefly describe them.
Learn as much as you like
Unlimited learning access pass*
* Secure one off payment, no re-occuring payments, no surprises T-SQL SSIS SSRS 79 Mini Courses 529 Pages 287 Videos 314 Articles
Forum Live Webinars 12 Webinar Recordings DIY Projects Progress TrackingNew member joins every 8 hours
60 days, 100% money back guarantee
NO risks, NO questions asked, NO hard feelings
I can't speak highly enough of the quality MSBI materials industry practitioners with varying level of experience and exposure can benefit from this website. Their structured learning plan and courses, DIY projects, webinars and relevant resources go a very long way.
I've gained a whole new perspective on delivering client BI projects to highest standards by employing best practices recommended on this website.
Best quality MSBI training online suite I have used and least expensive too.
Best and affordable BI Training platform in the web.
KEBI Academy doesn't provide training on BI rather their approach is to make you learn BI by yourself.
Self Learning is always the best approach and I recommend KEBI Academy.
You both are doing a great job by sharing your knowledge and experience,
it helps many people who want to learn MSBI from the starting point and also for an experienced person to get to know more about MSBI.
Thank you and keep sharing your MSBI knowledge and experience.
Great work on the videos. I have been enjoying them.